Peter Allen moved to Thatcham, from Oxfordshire, in the 1970's with his wife. He took to Thatcham quickly as can be seen by his accomplishments:
- taught at Kennet Secondary School for 34 years;
- wrote several books on history, mostly about Thatcham;
- held various posts within Thatcham Historical Society including chairman;
- chaired the Old Bluecoat School Charity;
- has run Thatcham Vision as their Project Manager.
Peter was known to many as their teacher, but his influence reached far beyond into the local community and further afield. He has been a friend, a mentor, a tutor, a guide, and an inspiration to a great many people. His influence can be seen on the Facebook page that was set-up in memory of him.